About this network
The overarching purpose of the London Principal Social Workers (PSW) is to contribute to raising the professional standards of adult social work practice in order to improve outcomes for people who require social work intervention, as well as their families and carers and to act as the voice of Social Workers regionally by:
- Fostering a spirit and culture of partnership amongst PSWs across London.
- Providing a forum for inclusive learning and challenge.
- Acting as a key reference point for the London ADASS Branch, identifying issues that require cross-borough attention and London level work, including undertaking field audits.
- Feeding into the national PSW network and other national and regional groups.
- Sharing new practices and approaches.
- Facilitating consistent approaches and improvements in social work practice
Some links may be unavailable if you are not registered with the appropriate network
- Role of the Adult PSW
- Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) – Guidance and Resources for Social Workers
- Research into Practice for Adults (RIPFA)
- Skills for Care – various documents relating to National PSW Network, ASC Workforce Data Leadership and Management
British Assoc of Social Work and Social Workers
- Knowledge and Skills Framework for SWrs in ASC
- ASC Quality Matters
- Using NICE Guidance in SW
Future meetings and events