The Role of this National Network
- To improve the end of life experience of individuals and their families through an effective social care contribution.
- To work closely with the End Of Life Care Strategic Clinical Network ensuring an effective social care contribution to their work.
Key Aims for 2016/17
- Sharing good practice across the regions
- Building the case for the role of social workers within End of Life Care
- Supporting residential and nursing homes to deliver gold standard End of Life Care
- Supporting the continued development of the evidence base around End of Life Care
Tools and Resources
- The role of social workers in palliative, end of life and bereavement care
- Good practice from Slough CCG on improving care at End of Life for residents of care homes
- What is a good death?
- NICE quality standard for End of Life Care QS13 End of life care for adults
- Resources to support the NICE quality standard QS13 End of life care for adults resources from NICE
- NICE quality standard on Mental Wellbeing of Older People in care homes QS50 Mental wellbeing of older people in care homes
- Illustrations Person centred care LTC as well as a case study on volunteer led support from Cornwall.
- Go Gentle into That Good Night The Past, Present, and Future of End-of-Life Care
- Recently revised North West End of Life Care Model (May 2015).
- Commissioning person centred end of life care – a toolkit for health and social care professionals
- National EoLC Intelligence Network
- Overarching principles for EoLC training
- Palliative Care for People with Learning Disabilities Network
- EoLC and Carers – Macmillan launched (Oct 2014) the following documents: The Do you care? policy report (which brings together all our evidence on this issue and makes policy recommendations for decision makers in order to improve identification and support for carers). The Supporting cancer carers practical guidance consists of short practical guidance for ward staff providing practical ways they can identify and signpost carers. Alongside this is ‘Carers long guidance’ for Lead Cancer Nurses which gives more evidence based background and solutions for improving identification and signposting in their trust.
- Palliative and end of life care briefing – House of Commons Library
- Alliance for End of life care in London – launch event report
- Nuffield paper: Exploring the cost of care at the end of life
- An overview leaflet of the support that Skills for Care can offer to those who work with people at the end of their lives. Or visit their web-page for more resources.
- Overarching principles for end of life care training
- SCIE end of life care hub
- A combined document from Northamptonshire NHS that has Advanced statement, AD and lots of guidance about putting affairs in order
- End of Life Journal
Previous Network Meetings and Events
Click on an event for more details.
Membership: This network is open to regional EoLC leads in Local Authorities.
- Link to Sanjay talking about his experiences – first played at the commissioning services for last year of life event 15/09/2015
- Living with a Long Term Condition and Facing End of Life
- Challenges and Battles
- Systems and Professional Practice
- What Can You Change
A private forum for network members to discuss End of Life Care national issues.
[vision_button url=”https://londonadass.org.uk/forum/eol-national/” class=”button” size=”small” color=”autumn” target=”_self” lightbox_content=”” lightbox_description=””] Enter Forum [/vision_button]
Forthcoming meetings and events
Click on an event for more details.