This group acts as an interface between Mental Health Leads from London boroughs, London NHS Mental Health Trusts and key partners, including the Met Police.
- It links with other regional and national groups and organisations, including AMHP’s.
- It ensures that new practices that promote mental health recovery and wellbeing are shared.
- Comments about key policy and legislative changes.
- Provides a forum for discussion and making links about guidance on support of mental health social workers and how the social care workforce in Mental Health settings can contribute to the shared outcomes.
- Health Education England – Guidance on the support of mental health social workers working in NHS, independent or integrated services
- NHS Community Mental Health Framework for Adults and Older People
- BASW The Role of the Social Worker in Adult Mental Health Services
- Department of Health Social Work for Better Mental Health