The Royal College of Psychiatrists has produced a report and outcomes framework recently. They’ve reviewed the three outcomes frameworks that commissioners should be taking into consideration:
- NHS Outcomes Framework
- Public Health Outcomes Framework
- Adult Social Care Outcomes Framework.
The college has distilled the three outcomes frameworks into five domains.
- Preventing people from dying prematurely.
- Enhancing quality of life for people with long-term needs and improving the wider determinants of health.
- Helping people recover from episodes of ill health or injury, and delaying or reducing the need for care.
- Ensuring that people have a positive experience of care.
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults and caring for people in a safe environment.