Winter readiness information pack for care homes – link to document
- Ensure your residents and staff are immunised against flu and have a stockpile of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ensure your residents over the age of 65 are immunised against pneumococcal infection.
- Ensure your residents aged 70 to 73, 78 to 79 on 1 September 2016 are immunised against shingles. Please note that the shingles vaccine is available throughout the year. Further information on shingles can be found on the NHS choices website.
Report outbreaks to your local health protection team seven days a week
- North West London: 020 3326 1658
- North East and North Central London: 020 3837 7084
- South London: 0344 326 2052